Computer technology and social media drive today’s world. In such a world, it matters that your business has an effective content marketing strategy. One that harnesses social media’s power to positive effect on your business.
So what is social media marketing?
Social media marketing is the process of driving traffic to your website or attention to your business via social media sites.
‘Social media’ is an umbrella term for a range platforms that provide quite different actions. For example: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and more.
Okay. Let’ say you see the usefulness of a social media presence. But perhaps you’re thinking:
- I don’t have time to visit social media accounts every day.
- I’m not sure I know what a good tweet or update looks like.
- It’s not possible for me to keep up with best practices on a range of social media channels.
All good points! It can feel like the rules of engagement are in a constant state of flux.
No sooner have you learned how to construct the perfect update for your preferred platform when the next ‘new big thing’, and corresponding pressure to use it, comes along.
It’s frustrating to say the least. But what’s to be done?
Well this is where a social media management company can keep your business visible and take away that pain.
Hire an expert and you can save yourself a heck of a lot of frustration, time and effort in trying to keep on top of all social media’s ins and outs.
Constant Contact, a customer relationship management vendor, carried out a study in this area. It found that small business owners were spending as much as 33 hours a week on marketing activities. That’s an astonishing amount of time – and is akin to a full-time employee!
It’s clear then that, if you want to maximise your social media influence and effect, outsourcing your social media needs is a no-brainer.
One social media platform takes time to run effectively – let alone a clutch of them. Here’s a small sample of the activity needed to manage a social media account:
- Creating appropriate updates often within a strict character count.
- Sourcing interesting and appropriate content that can be re-shared.
- Undertaking regular reviews of analytics to work out the best content to post, what time of day to post it and so on.
Of course, the benefit of outsourcing your social media to a social media management company goes beyond the obvious one of cost. Imagine how good it will feel to take time away from your computer without worrying about your Twitter stream or your Facebook timeline.
Instead of being a pain point your social media will be a pleasure point. Someone else will schedule your posts, find shareable content and keep your pipeline full. So all you have to do is enjoy interaction with your followers at your leisure.
As for the weight lifted off your shoulders by having one less thing to think about – well that’s priceless.
Here at Visually Explained we offer different routes for you to outsource your social media support needs to us. You can choose from:
- A full social media support service with every post you want to make scheduled on your behalf.
- Consultancy: with this service, we allocate a few hours to sit down with you and go through all your social media platforms, working out what your marketing objectives are. We’ll then teach you how to manage and schedule posts, what tools to use and where to find analytics etc.
Once we’ve got you set up with everything you should only have to work on your social media for one day per month. The rest of the time you have the peace of mind that it’s being taken care of. Any social media activity beyond that need only be your own personal interactions.
If you want to know more get in touch with us for a free, no-obligation consultation.